This Policy outlines the user’s data subject rights, including the right to object to some uses of the user’s Personal Data by us. Also, the user can find how they can contact us about our privacy practices.
We process our users' personal data only insofar as is necessary to provide a functioning website as well as our content and services.
The controller within the scope of Art 4 no 7 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) for the processing of your personal data is.
3 Germany Dr, Unit 4 #1893 Wilmigton,
Telephone : +1 (302) 329-8500
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
● Personal Data you provide to us
The Personal Data that users share with us can be used to contact them with newsletters, useful marketing, and technical materials that may be of interest to them. For this purpose we use the Campaign Monitor service that also strictly supports GDPR from their side. You are always offered to opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
● Log Data
We collect information that the user's browser sends whenever they visit our website (“Log Data”). This data may include information such as :
- The user's computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address),
- Browser type, browser version,
- The pages of our website that you visit,
- The time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages,
- Unique device identifiers and other statistics.
While using our website users may upload or input various types of content such as :
- Project names,
- Team names,
- Examples of data sources (together, the “Content”).
● Information about others.
When the user needs to add to the communication (for example into the email) a new person who is also interested in using our product, we can ask for that person’s contact information, which may include an email address or social network identity, and automatically will be added to our contact database.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use Personal Information that we collect for various purposes but all of them are aimed at providing our users with the best services. Examples of how we may use Personal Information are the following:
● Respond to user’s requests for information and provide with more effective customer service
● Notify about changes to our product and information about products you have purchased from us unless you have opted not to receive such information
● Gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our product or website
● Provide customer support
● Detect, prevent and address technical issues
● Customize the advertising and content you see
● Gather and derive insights from your use of the website help us better understand your interests and needs, and improve the website and product
● Engage in analysis, research, and reports regarding the use of our website and product
● Provide, manage, and improve the website and product
● Protect our website and our users
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
To collect the information we use Internet server logs, cookies, tags, tracking pixels, and other similar tracking technologies. A web server log is a file where website activity is stored. A cookie is a small file that is placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a site, that enables us to:
(i) Recognize your computer and login session;
(ii) Store your preferences and settings;
(iii) Understand which web pages of the website you have visited;
(iv) Enhance your user experience by delivering and measuring the effectiveness of content and advertising tailored to your interests;
(v) Perform analytics; and
(vi) Assist with security and administrative functions.
Tracking pixels are tiny electronic tags with a unique identifier embedded in websites, online ads, and/or email, and that are designed to provide useful information like ad impressions or clicks, email open rates, measure the popularity of the website and associated advertising, and to access user cookies. As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather information through other methods.
Please note that you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information (e.g., Internet Explorer; Google Chrome; Mozilla Firefox; or Apple Safari).
ONLINE ANALYTICS & ADVERTISING
We may use third-party web analytics services (such as those of Google Analytics) on our website to collect and analyze usage information through cookies and similar tools; engage in auditing, research, or reporting; assist with fraud prevention, and provide certain features to our users. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
In emails campaigns, we may also use analytics tools, such as clear GIFs to capture data such as when you open our message or click on any links or banners our email contains. This data allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
We use third-party services for payment processing when we provide paid products and/or services within the website.
The payment processor we work with are:
RETENTION & SECURITY OF DATA
We will retain and use Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
We will also retain Personal Information for internal analysis purposes.
For the security of transactions, we use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, which encrypts any information, such as credit card numbers and billing information, users send to us electronically. The encryption process protects this information, by scrambling it before it is sent to us from your computer.
The security of data we collect is our priority, but it should be mentioned that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Despite, we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
TRANSFER OF DATA
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
● Authorized third-party vendors and service providers. We may share your information with third-party vendors and service-providers that help us with specialized services, including billing, payment processing, customer service, email deployment, business analytics, marketing, advertising, performance monitoring, hosting, and data processing.
● Corporate affiliates. We may share your information with our corporate affiliates that are subject to this policy.
● Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of a website, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
● Legal purposes. We may disclose information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, law enforcement requests, legal claims or government inquiries, and to protect and defend the rights, interests, health, safety, and security of Pew Research Center, our affiliates, users, or the public.
● With your consent or at your direction. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent or direction.
The information about users, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of the user’s state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those from the user's jurisdiction.
YOUR RIGHTS (Includes Data Protection Rights Under GDPR)
You can always contact us:
● To learn more about the information collected through the website
● To request deletion of information, we collect about you
● To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
● To restrict or object to the processing of your information
● To withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND FEATURES
DELETION OF DATA AND DATA STORAGE PERIOD
The data subject’s personal data will be deleted or locked as soon as the purpose for which it has been collected has been fulfilled. Data may remain on record beyond this period if such is specified in European or national legislation from European Union Regulations, laws or other provisions to which the controller is subject. Data will also be locked or deleted if a storage period specified in the above standards expires unless conclusion or fulfilment of a contract requires the data to remain on record further.
Cookies are stored on the user's computer and transferred to our site. Consequently, you as the user have complete control over how cookies are used. By changing the settings in your web browser, you can deactivate or restrict the transmission of cookies to external websites. You can also delete all saved cookies on your system at any time. Restrictions on cookie usage can be managed automatically by your browser. If you disable cookies for our website, you may no longer be able to use the site’s full range of functions.
We do not target and collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18.
If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Please view the Policy periodically.
If you have any queries about this Policy, the way in which Veribase processes personal data, or about exercising any of your rights, please send an email to ….